Register as an
Use this form to apply to Livable Housing Australia for formal registration as
an LHA Assessor.
Use this form to apply to Livable Housing Australia for formal registration as an LHA Assessor or to renew your registration as an LHA Assessor.
Once LHA as received your registration details including the required proofs of currency for insurance, professional qualifications and registrations, and you pay your registration fee you will be provided with an LHA Assessor number (if you do not have one already) and be included on the LHA Assessor register on the LHA Website.
To be appointed as an LHA Registered Assessor, applicants must satisfy the following conditions.
1. Applicants to become LHA Assessors must be Specified Professionals that are individuals with qualifications and registration in the professions listed below, and that meet relevant nominated specified prerequisites:
- Building Surveyors/Certifiers
- Access Consultants
- Occupational Therapists
- Builders Designers
2. Applicants must have attended and completed the LHA Registered Assessor Course and must pass the Registered LHA Assessor online exam and provide evidence of these within this application form.
3. Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the Australian Construction Industry and must be able to demonstrate professional competence in Access Standards and regulations. Please include a brief schedule of experience as an attachment to this application.
4. Applicants must hold a valid professional indemnity insurance policy. The policy must provide a minimum limit of indemnity of
- $1,000,000 for any single claim; and
- $2,000,000 in aggregate during any one period of insurance.
5. A Copy of the Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate must be attached to this application.
6. Applicants must commit to the Registered Assessor Code of Conduct. A signed copy of the Code of Conduct must be included with this application.
7. Applicants must pay the annual LHA Assessor registration fee: $320.00 + GST. Applicants will be invoiced by LHA for this fee.